Tuesday 19 February 2013

To peacock feather, or not to peacock feather - that is the question!

I usually have terrible trouble making male cards. Stick some pretty heritage floral paper, some ribbons and a few flowers in front of me and I'm in my element, but ask me to create a masculine card and I stare at you blankly!

So I set myself a challenge, firstly to come up with something my dad wouldn't open and say "that's girly!" and secondly, to finally find a use for the stash of peacock feathers I picked up on eBay. To say I've struggled with this is an understatement. I've stared long and hard at the card putting the peacock feather in, taking it out...and repeat...several hundred times!!!  Also, I'm pushing the boundaries with the ribbon...a wee bit on the girly side, but it may still pass the 'dad test'!

So I'll leave it up to the wonderful world of blog readers to decide... that is, if I have any blog readers yet!?! ... onto one of life's big questions - to peacock feather, or not to peacock feather!









Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
  • Just Thinking Stamp Set
  • Itty Bitty Banners Stamp Set
  • Tea Time DSP
  • Regals Collection Cardstock (Not Quite Navy & Always Artichoke)
  • Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Vintage Brads
  • Button
I also added a triple dome turquoise hat pin to tie in with the blue card layer

Thanks for looking!

Hugs, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips